If you're looking for the best way to meet other homeschoolers, come join us for Park Day. We meet every Friday from 1 pm-3 pm at the Rails to Trails Park near Peachtree Mall on Manchester Expressway in Columbus. Kids of ALL AGES come and join us for a time of fun and fellowship at the park.
We are buzzing with activities. The best way to stay informed is to send in your
membership and join our facebook group. Every group activity is listed on our website calendar as well as our facebook events.
Here are a few of our favorite group things:
- Co-op is offered in fall and spring for all ages. We meet once a week for 6 weeks and provide classes on all sorts of topics. Next Co-op is scheduled to begin in September 2014.
- Field Trips for all ages! Places like Westville, Puppetry Museum, American Village, Oxbow Meadows
- Teen Activities (ages 13-18)like monthly movie dates, international potlucks, study groups and even PROM!
- Kid's Book Club is a monthly class for younger students who love to read. Includes stories, crafts and snacks.
- Graduation. Commencement exercises for homeschooled graduates will be held on May 17, 2014 at Golden Acres Baptist Church at 2:00 pm EST. For full details, see our webpage just for graduation.
- Workshops on everything from transcript writing to time management
- Prom this year is April 12 from 7-11 pm at the Columbus Marriott downtown. It is open to all homeschoolers grades 9-12. Tickets on sale NOW! To purchase tickets, please go to our webpage and print out your Ticket Order Form and Liability Release.Prom Tickets 2014
Let us know what activities you'd like to participate in next year. We don't want to waste time and resources planning events you don't want to attend. Let us know by voting in the poll. Vote for as many ideas as you would like. Each vote requires a separate entry.
We're looking for volunteers to coordinate activities and events. We would like to offer events and activities for homeschoolers of all ages. Preschool, Elementary, Middle and High School. If you are interested in planning a group activities, field trip or event, please email Suzanne at
firstname.lastname@example.org or post the information on the e-loop. Another new way to post group events is on our Yahoo group database. This is a feature only available for Freedom members. Click on the database on our yahoo group and enter a new event. This will allow other members to see the information as well as sign up. We are really hoping to use this new format to help keep track of who will be attending group events requiring an RSVP. Without your participation, we won't have the diversity of activities to choose from. Don't be afraid, get involved. It's the best way to make new friends.